1. Which of the following are included in the Index of Eight Core Industries?
Electricity, steel, refinery products, crude oil, coal, cement, natural gas, and fertilizers are the eight core industries. The Index of Eight Core Industries is a monthly production index that is also used to forecast monthly industrial performance. The quaternary sector of the economy is centered on economic activities related to the intellectual or knowledge-based economy.
2. Consider the following statements with reference to PPP (Public Private Partnership) model:
In PPP model, there is a well defined allocation of risk between the private sector and the public entity.
3. People engaged in which sector of the economy are called red-collar workers?
Due to outdoor nature of the work, people involved in Primary sectors are called red-collars workers.
4. What do you understand by the term “Sunrise Industry”?
The term "Sunrise Industry" refers to a sector that is still in its infancy but has the potential for significant growth. The industry is typically characterised by high growth rates, a high degree of innovation, and a high level of public awareness, with investors drawn to its long-term growth possibilities.
5. Which of the following correctly defines the term ‘monopsony’?
A monopsony is a market condition in which only one buyer, the monopsonist, exists. It is a market structure in which a single buyer has significant market dominance as the primary purchaser of products and services offered by many would-be vendors. A market arrangement in which a few enterprises dominate is known as an oligopoly. When a market is dominated by a few companies, it is said to be highly concentrated. A monopoly is defined by a single entity that produces goods that have no close substitute.
6. Which of the following statement correctly defies the term ‘gig worker’?
The Code on Social Security, 2020 defines a "gig worker" as someone who works or participates in a work arrangement and earns money from it outside of the usual employer-employee relationship.
7. Consider the following statements regarding the Economic Census:
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) is conducting the Economic Census to offer disaggregated information on various operational and structural elements of all businesses in the country.
8. Which of the following institution publishes the Financial Stability Report (FSR) in India?
Since its inception, the Reserve Bank of India has published Financial Stability Reports after approval by the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) Sub-Committee, with input from financial sector regulators such as the RBI, SEBI, PFRDA, IRDAI, and the Ministry of Finance. These reports are a periodic exercise for reviewing the nature, magnitude, and implications of risks that may affect the macroeconomic environment, financial institutions, markets, and infrastructure.
9. Which of the following is/are characteristics of a Public good?
Public commodities are goods that can be consumed concurrently by a large number of individuals without imposing an opportunity cost on others. A public good has the following characteristics: Non-excludability Consumption of Non-Rival Goods Non-Rejectable
10. Which of the following given steps if taken by the Government, will boost the Indian Economy?
Share your Results: